Moore eligible to return; Staal's new focus; Team backing Girardi

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers were off on Thursday, but did speak to the media following their Game 1, Wednesday night loss. There was plenty to digest, just as there's plenty of hockey left to be played in the Stanley Cup Final. Here are your morning notes.

With his suspension officially served, John Moore may likely be back in the lineup for the Rangers come Game 2. [NY Post] [Newsday]

The game is now in focus for Marc Staal. That wasn't always the case. [ESPN NY]

Cam Talbot's injury means the Rangers are relying on a journeyman to play the role of backup. [NY Post]

After making a crucial error on the sequence that led to the Rangers losing Game 1, Dan Girardi is agonizingly waiting a shot for redemption. [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Newsday]

As the postseason has dragged on, Ryan McDonagh has elevated his play. [Daily News]

The message from Alain Vigneault to his team on the off-day was pretty simple: Against these Kings, to win, the effort needs to be better. [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Ranger Rants] [Newsday]