FanPost

2014-2015 New York Rangers Roster Project

CALLING ALL ARMCHAIR GMs!

I started messing around on CapGeek.com to see if I could figure out what exactly we should do with our tight Cap situation. So here is the deal, I am having a hard time letting go of some of our players and I want input on who to sign/how much, trade, recall, demote, etc. The Brad Richards buyout has been completed in mine, I currently have about $3 million in cap space and I am not entirely happy with the talent level on this roster.

At the end, I hope for us to form a well thought-out roster that puts the Blueshirts and AV in the best position to win. This completed roster will be posted in a separate fanpost because this post MAY get clogged (hopefully).

Let's go Armchair GMs!!!!

UPDATED - We pick up no one new, we keep our core players and mix in some young talent!

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Chris Kreider ($3.000m) / Derek Stepan ($3.075m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Derick Brassard ($3.000m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.625m)
Mats Zuccarello ($3.000m) / J.T. Miller ($0.894m) / Benoit Pouliot ($2.500m)
Brian Boyle ($2.000m) / Dominic Moore ($1.300m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Oscar Lindberg ($0.675m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Girardi ($5.500m) / Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($3.800m)
John Moore ($1.500m) / Kevin Klein ($2.900m)
Conor Allen ($0.925m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($8.500m)
Cameron Talbot ($0.563m)
BUYOUTS
Wade Redden ($0.000m)
Brad Richards ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,940,000; BONUSES: $1,285,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,160,000