Rangers Vs. Kings Game 2 Preview: Time To Rebound

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will take on the Los Angeles Kings tonight in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 PM.

After a rough outing in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final, the New York Rangers will be seeking redemption tonight during Game 2. The first period was excellent in terms of puck possession, but as the game carried on, the Rangers slowly began to lose the momentum in favor of the Los Angeles Kings. Couple that with a horrid team mistake in overtime, and it spelled disaster for the Rangers. The good thing, however, was that when the Rangers were on their game, they were able to not only keep up with the Kings, but outwork them in certain areas.

It will need a full 60 minute effort tonight, as games at this time of year are never easy. I'm sure we all expect a very strong push back game from the Rangers, and it would be the perfect way to close out the first two games on the road.

All of the information for tonight's game can be found in the table below.

Stanley cup final - GAME 2

at
New York Rangers
45-31-6 (96 PTS)
2nd in Metropolitan
Los Angeles Kings
46-28-8 (100 PTS)
3rd in Pacific

LAK LEAD  1-0
GAME & TELEVISION INFORMATION
Wednesday, June 4th, 2014
STAPLES Center - Los Angeles, CA - 7:00 PM
Television: NBC, CBC, RDS | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Jewels From The Crown
STARTING GOALTENDERS
Team Goalies GP MIN W L GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
NYR
21
1215
12
8
42
2.07
586
544
.928
1
LAK
22
1301
13
9
61
2.81
655
594
.907
1
PROJECTED LINEUPS
Kreider - Stepan - Nash 1st Line Gaborik - Kopitar - Brown
Hagelin - Richards - St. Louis 2nd Line Pearson - Carter - Toffoli
Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello 3rd Line King - Stoll - Williams
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett 4th Line Clifford - Richards - Lewis
McDonagh - Girardi 1st D Pair Muzzin - Doughty
Stralman - Staal 2nd D Pair Mitchell - Voynov
J. Moore - Klein 3rd D Pair Martinez - Regehr