Rangers Vs. Kings Game 3 Preview: One Game At A Time

Richard Mackson-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will look to rebound from a 2-0 hole tonight against the Los Angeles Kings at Madison Square Garden. Puck drop is scheduled for 8:00 PM.

Coming into tonight's game, the New York Rangers find themselves in quite the hole after losing the first two games in Los Angeles and are now down 2-0 in the series. With two huge, huge home games on deck, the New York Rangers cannot afford to let any of these games slip away. It certainly won't be an easy task, but with the amount of adversity this team has fought through all post-season, there isn't any reason why they can't come out of these next two games with wins.

For once goal scoring hasn't been an issue at all during these first two games, it's more an issue of keeping the puck out of their own net. During Game 2 the Rangers blew a two goal lead twice, which is very uncharacteristic of this team. They usually play a solid shutdown game when they clinging to a lead, let alone a two goal lead.

I expect a big game from not only Henrik Lundqvist tonight, but from everyone up and down the lineup. If there is any time to step up with a big game, tonight would be a perfect time to strike that up. All of the information for tonight's game can be found in the table below.

Stanley cup final - GAME 3

at
Los Angeles Kings
46-28-8 (100 PTS)
3rd in Pacific
New York Rangers
45-31-6 (96 PTS)
2nd in Metropolitan

LAK LEADS  2-0
GAME & TELEVISION INFORMATION
Monday, June 9th, 2014
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:00 PM
Television: NBCSN, CBC, RDS | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Jewels From The Crown
STARTING GOALTENDERS
Team Goalies GP MIN W L GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
LAK
23
1392
14
9
65
2.80
693
628
.906
1
NYR
22
1305
12
9
47
2.16
630
583
.925
1
PROJECTED LINEUPS
Gaborik - Kopitar - Brown 1st Line Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Pearson - Carter - Toffoli 2nd Line Hagelin - Richards - St. Louis
King - Stoll - Williams 3rd Line Pouliot - Brassard - Zuccarello
Clifford - Richards - Lewis 4th Line Boyle - Moore - Dorsett
Muzzin - Doughty 1st D Pair McDonagh - Girardi
Mitchell - Voynov 2nd D Pair Stralman - Staal
Martinez - Greene 3rd D Pair J. Moore - Klein