2014 Free Agency: Free Agency Open Thread

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

And so it begins...

Happy July Blueshirt Banter!

Great googly moogly this is going to be an interesting day. USA plays Belgium in the World Cup at 4:00 PM EST, and at noon the NHL free agency market officially opens and an unofficial hockey holiday begins. We all know that the Rangers have some key pieces hitting the open market. We also know that the Rangers are in need of a second line center, or, at the very least, another center to play third line minutes. There is also a need to replace Anton Stralman who the Rangers will likely lose to free agency. Who stays and who goes is something that has been on everyone's minds for quite some time now, and now we'll finally get some answers to those questions (and will likely start complaining or celebrating in earnest).

Noteworthy Rangers UFAs

Brian Boyle

Anton Stralman

Benoit Pouliot

Dominic Moore

Daniel Carcillo

Raphael Diaz

Justin Falk

---

Please use this as your open thread for today's madness. I am sure that we'll have separate stories going up for any signings today by the Rangers and stories about Rangers that have signed contracts to play elsewhere (if any they happen). If you're going to report a signing, please do try and cite your source(s) or make it known that it comes from an unofficial source so we don't have any unnecessary drama and shenanigans. Embed your tweets, link your sources, and make sure not to be a troll so we can all enjoy taking part in the discussion, speculation, and hockey talk without any craziness.

So, who do you think the Rangers will be targeting? Which UFA will be the steal of the day and/or of the offseason? Who do you want the Rangers to avoid signing? Which Rangers are as good as gone when noon rolls around? Let me know what you think in the comments section guys and gals.
Let's go Rangers.
Here we go.
SB Nation Featured Video