2014 NHL Free Agency: Rangers Add Chris Mueller On A Minor League Deal

Dilip Vishwanat

The New York Rangers addressed their farm team needs this afternoon by adding Chris Mueller to the fold.

According to an official team release, the New York Rangers have agreed to terms with free agent center Chris Mueller. The terms of the contract were not initially disclosed by the team.

At first glance, this move is nothing more than a depth signing for the Hartford Wolf Pack, and a pretty decent one at that. Mueller played out a majority of the season with the Calder Cup Champion Texas Stars, where he put up 57 points in 60 games during the regular season. He also added an additional six goals, and five assists during the Stars run to the Calder Cup.

Mueller, 28, split this past season between the Dallas Stars and the Texas Stars of the American Hockey League (AHL). He also skated in nine games with Dallas during the regular season, winning 29 of 54 faceoffs he took (53.7%). Mueller also skated in four playoff games with Dallas, making his NHL playoff debut in Game 3 of thez