Free agent possibilities; Rangers add Tarnasky; A need for centers

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Happy 4th, Banter community. As the news cycle begins to get slower, and hockey becomes a bit obsolete these next few months, take today to celebrate America, and all the glory that comes with it. Here are your morning notes.

In another, small free agency move, the Rangers came to terms with Nick Tarnasky on Thursday, who will more than likely be in the AHL. [Blueshirt Banter] [Newsday]

The market isn't quite saturated with available players the way it was on July 1, but here are some names for the Rangers to potentially consider. [Blueshirt Banter]

And while the Rangers may look at little prudent right now as far as spending money, the team is focused on locking up an important group of restricted free agents. [The Record]

With no Brad Richards, and no Brian Boyle, the Rangers currently have a hole down the middle. [Daily News]