New York Rangers News: Brassard, Zuccarello, Kreider File For Salary Arbitration

Elsa

Derick Brassard, Mats Zuccarello, and Chris Kreider have all filed for salary arbitration as they continue to negotiate for brand new contracts.

According to Larry Brooks of the New York Post, New York Rangers' forwards Derick Brassard, Mats Zuccarello, and Chris Kreider have all filed for salary arbitration later on in the summer. Today was the deadline to file for arbitration, so it's not really much of a surprise that all three of them have officially filed. When it comes to restricted free agents, this is all part of the process when negotiating a new contract, and there is still a chance none of them even make it to their arbitration hearing.

All three players are still free to negotiate a contract prior to their hearings, and as Brooks mentioned, they are all focused on negotiating long-term contracts with the Rangers. The only player who is non-arbitration eligible is John Moore, as he is coming off of his entry-level contract.

The official arbitration dates for Brassard, Zuccarello, and Kreider were not immediately released, but they are expected to come out as the summer drags on. We will continue to update any further information that becomes available.

For now, though. Thoughts?

SB Nation Featured Video