New York Rangers News: Something Is Happening With Emerson Etem

Something is going to happen with Emerson Etem.

Is this the end of Emerson Etem's "opportunity" on Broadway? Maybe. Per the always fantastic Andrew Gross:

I don't think this is Etem being sent down directly -- since those names are announced at Noon. I will reiterate, however, that Etem would most likely be claimed if exposed to waivers and would not give the Rangers any return for him.

As far as I can see this is one of two things:

1) A trade. Which would make sense.

2) Sending Etem down to Hartford for a conditioning stint. Although a conditioning stint would need Etem's approval before it can happen. They can last up to two weeks and would not expose Etem to waivers.

Honestly, I'm not sure what direction this is going in. We'll fill you in when it happens, though.

Thoughts?