Rick Nash Cleared for Contact, Henrik Lundqvist Nears Return

Not a game, not a game, not a game. We talking bout practice.

We've gotten some interesting news from the New York Rangers practices over the past 48 hours.

There's so much to talk about regarding the little bits and pieces of news that have come from the Rangers' beat writers over the past two days, but no news is quite as big as Rick Nash being cleared for contact (wearing the "it's okay to hit me" jersey at practice) and Henrik Lundqvist apparently nearing a return. The fact that both Nash and Lundqvist might be returning to the lineup as soon as tomorrow is very good news for a Rangers team that has looked inconsistent unconvincing in their recent games.

Another interesting note is that Eric Staal and Rick Nash are currently skating together, but with Derick Brassard taking the day off with the flu we can't be sure what lines we'll see tomorrow against Detroit or Sunday at the Garden in a huge game against Sidney Crosby and the Penguins. Of course, we haven't seen the Rangers roster at 100% healthy since before the Staal trade and deadline day, so it will be interesting to see where all the pieces land and which forwards that are too good for third or fourth line duty end up on the bottom six instead of the top six.

What lines do you hope to see when the team is fully healthy? Do you put Nash and Eric Staal together? Where does Kevin Hayes fit in?

Let me know what you think in the comments section.