The 43rd Annual FDNY vs. NYPD Game Takes Place April 9th at MSG

The Bravest will square off against the Finest at the Garden on April 9th and you can support a good cause by grabbing some gear, donating, and getting out to the game.

Official FDNY Hockey Store

Buying apparel from the FDNY's official hockey store will not only add something special to your wardrobe, it will also directly support the FDNY hockey team, firemen, and the families of firemen who suffer illness, tragedy, and loss. In addition to showing your support for New York City's Bravest, you will also be giving back to the brave men and women who risk their lives to help protect and preserve the greatest city in the world.

I had the pleasure of watching the fire department's hockey team face off against the New York Riveters in the NWHL's preseason. Watching those men take to the ice with "BRAVEST" on their backs instead of their last names over their numbers was truly a privilege and it was amazing to see just how well they play the game.

"The team is very excited to play at Madison Square Garden this year. It will be a great game that will help raise money for great causes. We thank Madison Square Garden for having us and treating us so well. The game will be sold out shortly so please get your tickets now if you plan on attending."

-Derek Kern, Manager of FDNY hockey team

About the Game

The FDNY vs NYPD game is a peerless hockey event in New York and has been for nearly half a century.

The 43rd Annual FDNY vs NYPD Annual Hockey Game will be played this year at Madison Square Garden on April 9, 2016 at 7pm. Tickets available now though the team or email FDNYhockey25@gmail.com for groups of 8 or more tickets. Tickets will be available at the MSG Box Office or Ticketmaster.com around Feb 1. This year we will have assigned seating and NO GENERAL ADMISSION so get your tickets from team members right away.

We focused on the Fire Department's team and official store in this piece because they reached out to us, but please show your support for both New York's Bravest and Finest.

Hit that link to the FDNY hockey team store, try and grab tickets to the game (while they can still be had!), donate if you can on the FDNY site, and spread the word! There can never be enough hockey -- especially when the game is a special event like this one. Besides, how often do we get the chance to cheer alongside Islanders fans at the Garden?

Let's go Bravest. Let's go Finest. Let's go New York.