Lundqvist tweets his thoughts; Ghosts of Vigneault's past; Skjei to play for U.S.

Today's New York Rangers notes

Mondays can be tough. If you're like me they can become even harder when your mind is still wrapped around not being able to see your beloved team play for another five months.

It is Tuesday morning and we are now more than two full days removed from the embarrassing season finale that forced the Rangers into their earliest offseason since the Spring of 2011. As we wait patiently for the next chapter in the long book of New York Rangers history, here are some things worth mentioning before preparing ourselves for what looks to be a busy offseason. Today's morning notes.

I can't speak for all, but many Rangers fans cannot help but feel sick in the fact that Henrik Lundqvist continues to come up empty handed every Spring. Hank took to Twitter yesterday to reflect on the Rangers recent elimination, while maintaining a positive outlook in regards to moving forward.

One of the things that has come up, now that the Rangers have obviously declined from their 2014 Cup run, is some reminiscence of Vigneault's similar tenure with the Vancouver Canucks. [Rangers Report]

Lastly, on a more positive note, Brady Skjei continues to make a name for himself. On Monday, Skjei was added to the United States roster for the 2016 World Championships in Russia. [Blueshirt Banter] [Blueshirts United] Congrats Brady!