Tag: 1984

Change Scope

Filter By

Half a dozen notable events occurred on May 6th

On May 6 in Pro Wrestling History we had half a dozen fascinating things happen worth sharing with you today. Several famous wrestling births, a Parade of Champions and a WWF Insurrextion all...

Steve Garvey almost was a Cub?

23

If you click on the link, it takes you to an archived newspaper article from late 1982 where the Chicago Cubs pursued then-free agent first-baseman Steve Garvey. Apparently, Bill Buckner would have reluctantly moved to left-field to make room for Garvey. Oh, how history would have changed, though! Personally, I respected Steve Garvey as a baseball player and think a case could be made for him going into the Hall of Fame. However, I have no respect for him as a human being. And I still get angry when I think about that homerun he hit off Lee Smith with that image of him raising his fist in the air.

Why Todd Grantham Must be Fired as the Georgia Bulldogs' Defensive Coordinator (Only, No, Not Really)

34

Message boards and call-in shows give the impression that fans of the Georgia Bulldogs want offensive coordinator Mike Bobo fired, but Dawg Sports explains humorously why everyone should chill out...

New York Rangers Season is Over; a Letter to Fans

64

Is the Rangers season over? Find out here.

25 Years Ago Today: The Surprise Retirement Of Guy Lafleur

9

25 Years Ago Today: The Surprise Retirement Of Guy Lafleur