Tag: 2004-2005 nhl lockout

Change Scope

Filter By

Stuck in a never-ending NHL limbo

While the NHL and the NHLPA keep going around and around, fans are wondering if there's a point.

NHL Lockout: Henrik Lundqvist's Big Break Came During 2004-05 Work Stoppage

If it wasn't for the 2004-05 lockout that cancelled the entire NHL season, Henrik Lundqvist may have never became a New York Ranger.

Where NHLers Will Go If There's A Long Lockout

Europe isn't just a popular destination for vacations. It's also a popular destination for out-of-work NHLers looking to play during a long lockout.

Frozen Grounds: Good Teams and Bad Teams in the NHL

If you pick an NHL team to cheer on, don't get too comfortable if they're good right now. Because in five years, chances are decent that they won't be anymore.

Does This Sound Familiar?

Once upon a time, there was a professional sports league at odds with the players' union. The owners' position was that the league's financial model was broken and that they were losing hundreds...

Can the NHL benefit from the NFL and NBA lockouts?

WIth the NFL & NBA currently locked out, the NHL could have the major league sports landscape to itself after the World Series. Is this a golden opportunity?