Tag: 2004 stanley cup finals

Change Scope

Filter By

Sweater Series #18: Jimmie Olvestad

2

Our sweater series isn't a "best player to wear the number" series, and though big names are often attached to our numers so far, Jimmie Olvestad wasn't a big name in Tampa Bay.

A championship gaffe in media history

8

Lamenting the Bolts loss of the Stanley Cup, the Tampa Tribune thrust itself into one of the humorous quirks that are sometimes forgotten in pro sports history.

Numbers from Lightning history: #13 Pavel Kubina

+

Our series on the numbers worn by players throughout the team's history continues with #13, as worn by defenseman Pavel Kubina.

Numbers from Lightning history: Jassen Cullimore

+

Our series on the numbers worn by Tampa Bay Lightning players continues with #5, as worn by defenseman Jassen Cullimore

2014 Finals reconnects pieces from 2004

12

It has been a decade since the Lightning played in the month of June, but in many ways this year's Stanley Cup Finals is the closest resemblance to that era.

FanPost
3

A fans opinion and farewell to Marty St. Louis

Thoughts on the Martin St. Louis trade as well as a message to #26 from a loyal fan.

Savings time; Lightning vs. Bruins preview

3

Tampa Bay is on a 1-4-0 funk since the Olympic break, it doesn't get easier tonight with the Buuins in town for the season series finale. Can the Bolts "spring ahead" and get back on track?

Time is fleeting; Lightning at Flames preview

1

Only one player from the 2004 Stanley Cup Finals will suit up for the same team tonight in Calgary; starting netminders, lineup notes and what-not can e found within!

Eight Years ago on Boltsmag: The chalice of Lord Stanley

9

It's been eight years, but it remains a day and a feat that fans won't soon forget.

The Wall; Tampa Bay Lightning versus Edmonton Oilers preview

12

Tonight marks the return of the Bulin Wall to Tampa.