Tag: 2008 nhl entry draft

Change Scope

Filter By

2012 NHL Mock Drafts and the Tampa Bay Lightning

With less than a month until the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, mock drafts of what the Lightning will do are becoming easier to find, with little consistency.

Top 25 Under 25, no. 24: Derek Grant

Derek Grant has decent size and decent hands. Can he turn those assets into an NHL career?

The unexpected rise of Zack Smith

Zack Smith has gone from being an overage kid picked in the third round of the NHL Entry Draft to an NHL regular, and is playing the best hockey of his life right now.

Blueshirt Banter Talks To Gordie Clark: State Of The Defense Edition

Blueshirt Banter Talks To Gordie Clark: State Of The Defense Edition

Revisions of history and where credit really is due

Way off the topic of the NHL playoffs: Credit for the drafting of Steven Stamkos needs to stop being given to a guy who was not even a Tampa Bay Lightning employee at the time!

Senators prospect Andre Petersson signs three-year deal

Senators prospect Andre Petersson signs three-year deal

BC's Jimmy Hayes Turns Pro, Signs With Chicago Blackhawks

Boston College forward Jimmy Hayes has decided to forgo his senior season, signing with the Chicago Blackhawks.

Senators sign prospect defenceman Mark Borowiecki

Ottawa Senators prospect Mark Borowiecki was signed to a two-year entry-level deal on Friday.

Local product Jared Spurgeon, 21, is proving his smarts are more important than his size...

Local product Jared Spurgeon, 21, is proving his smarts are more important than his size (five-foot-nine, 185 pounds), playing on the Minnesota Wild blue-line after a sparkling career with the WHL’s Spokane Chiefs. "He walks through the dressing room and looks 12, but he carries himself well on the ice," said assistant GM Brent Flahr.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Hockey+World/3964729/story.html#ixzz186L4ZyxE

Filatov sent down

Bet Josh will be back first.