Tag: 2009 stanley cup playoffs

Change Scope

Filter By

WASHINGTON -- When the series ended, when the Rangers went through the handshake line following...

WASHINGTON -- When the series ended, when the Rangers went through the handshake line following last night's 2-1 Game 7 defeat, Chris Drury used his left hand to congratulate the Capitals. That's because, as he told The Post, the captain had played the first round with a broken right hand he sustained late in the April 9 victory over the Flyers in the Garden finale that clinched a playoff berth. Drury, who sustained a non-displaced fracture when hit by a shot, missed the season finale in Philadelphia then the opening game against the Caps. He returned, but with now understandable limited effectiveness -- unable to shoot or pass with authority, unable to play a hard game. - Larry Brooks, New York Post.

Game 7 Review: A Valiant Effort

The New York Rangers provided a valiant effort in Game 7 against the Washington Capitals, but it was to no avail as the Blueshirts went down 2-1.

Have Hope, Blueshirt Faithful

Why the Blueshirt Faithful need to get behind their team one more time if they want the Rangers to win their series against the Washington Capitals in Game 7.

An interesting piece of news. Jim Schoenfeld, the interim assistant coach who was the interim head...

An interesting piece of news. Jim Schoenfeld, the interim assistant coach who was the interim head coach today, said that Brandon Dubinsky needed a tetanus shot after he was bitten by Shaone Morrisonn during a scrum, that Dubinsky got the misconduct because he was trying to show the officials he was bleeding. Rick Carpiniello - Rangers Report

Game 6 Review: No Luck For Rangers

The Rangers had no luck in their attempt to close our their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal match-up against the Washington Capitals; which the latter won 5-3 to force a Game 7 Tuesday night.