Different game, same story when your playing the Penguins. Plenty of power play opportunities for the Siddy and the Kids and a game filled with questionable calls and noncalls. The Rangers can't win if they spend 21+ minutes in the penalty box. It was just another infuriating game in Pittsburgh.
- With the exception of Staal and Girardi (who had a nice bounce back game) the Rangers defense was horrible. Michael Sauer barely played and was on the ice for the Pens first 2 goals. Even though both goals were more attributed to Paul Mara, Sauer didn't look comfortable against a much more offensive team (unlike the Wild & Thrashers).Mara had what is probably his worst game as a Ranger. Wade Redden was his usual ' I don't care' self, loafing around the ice without purpose.
- Henrik Lundqvist made some big saves, but he didn't have his A game. The Rangers new offensive style of play gave up way too many odd man rushes early in the game and unfortunately Hank couldn't bail them out. It's tough to pin the game on him, the Fedotenko goal went off Morris' stick and Crosby is Crosby but one more big save and it would have been a much different game.
- Congrats to Ryan Callahan on his first 20 goal season in his career. He deserves it, the kid busts his ass and has been the most consistent Ranger this season with the exception of Hank. Cally has more skill than alot of Rangers fans give him credit for.
- Don't want to see anyone get hurt, but Brooks Orpik deserves to be banged up after he stuck his leg out to hit Drury knee to knee.
- If a player wearing a visor wants to fight, take your helmet off. Tyler Kennedy decided he was going to get tough with Avery with his visor shielding half his face. What a hard ass. Next time you want to get tough Kennedy, take your helmet off.
- The Colton Orr 5 minute penalty was an absolute joke. It was 5 minutes for throwing the body, it was a clean hit and a complete BS call by the refs. Oh and don't forget, it was a game misconduct as well. Even though the Rangers killed off the 3 minutes after Chris Kunitz went to the box, it changed the game. The Rangers defenseman were gassed for the rest of the third period and it showed.
- Since we're talking officiating. The open season on Sean Avery needs to stop. It's ridiculous and adds to the reasons why Gary Bettman's NHL is becoming a joke. The same rules apply to everyone, Sean Avery did his time with his 6 game suspension. He did his time when he was out of hockey for 2 months, move on.
It's tough when you have to beat two teams at once. How are the Rangers supposed to beat the Penguins in addition to 2 referees wearing Gold & Black stripes?
I'm DISGUSTED. The referees took control of the game as they always seem to do when the Rangers play the Pens. But any excuses I can come up with aside, the Rangers left 2 big points on the table. Now is not the time for a losing streak. Huge game against the Devs Monday night.