Here are some notes for both teams as the Rangers prepare to take on the red hot Hurricanes in Raleigh, NC tonight:
Scotty Hockey has a great preview of the game tonight.
- Over at the Ranger Report, Rich Carpinelli says the Canes team the Rangers face tonight is as hot as the Penguins.
- The Bleacher Report says the Caps and their fans will be rooting for the Rangers tonight too.
- The Daily News says it's March, so it must be time for the Rangers annual frantic finish to make the playoffs.
- From ESPN.com, Pierre LeBrun says the Hurricanes turnaround in the 2nd half of the season has gone largely unnoticed.
- SBNation's Canes Country talks about the accolades piling up for Eric Staal and Cam Ward.
- USA Today talks about the Canes push for the playoffs.
- This is what seems like the 78th huge game in a row for the Rangers. The Rangers could find themselves tied for 6th place overall tomorrow morning if they can find a way to get 2 points in regulation tonight. That would put them on what everyone seems to think is the inevitable first round series with the Devils.
- Montreal has been playing better, they are only a point behind the Rangers, and are on the Island to play the Farmingdale Tavares Hopefuls. A Ranger loss and a Habs win would leave the Rangers in 8th place. Montreal also has a game at hand.
- Be sure and stop in tonight for the Open Game Thread!
Everyone who is on Twitter be sure and check the site for the NHL Tweetup on April 15th, you can follow along at https://twitter.com/NHLtweetup