Well today is Jim's final day off so this will be my last say in the Sunday Banterings section (well at least for a few weeks). So without further ado here we go:
Hockey Related Banterings:
- Well the Kane saga has taken another turn. Kane pleaded guilty to non-criminal charges and will receive no penalty if he stays out of trouble for one year. I wish I was a celebrity.
- Regardless of how this Balsillie thing turns out it will be interesting to see what will happen to the Coyotes. I'm curious to see what happens on September 14th.
- Apparently the Maple Leafs have granted a tryout to Jason Allison. He used to be one of the better players in the League but he hasn't played since the 2005-2006 season.
- Since the story broke I have heard nothing about Fleury's return. Maybe no one is giving him a chance or maybe they are keeping it under wraps. But I have heard nothing, have you?
- I personally think Luongo should get the start for team Canada in this year's Olympics. What do you think?
- One good thing about this Olympic session would be that they will be playing in Vancouver so the rink will be regulation sized. Which means no time to adjust back to the NHL.
- Vick looked really good for the Eagles on Thursday. I can't wait to see him with the training wheels off.
- Was at the Yankee game the other night and man is it beautiful. It is one of the most open stadiums I have ever seen. No matter what section you are in you can turn around and see the bathrooms the food stands and the gift shops. I love that.
- College starts tomorrow for me. My senior year before I am thrust into the real world. Best live it up.
- I have decided that aside from LOST NCISis a brilliant show. Not this new one with LL Cool J. Screw that.
- Although with that said about LL Cool Jay I do like Ice-T in SVU. He is awesome.
- I have now deemed that aside from my boy Cesc Fabregas Fernando Torres is my favorite soccer player. If you want check out this You Tube video compilation of last seasons goals. Some of them are really good, others are simply breathtaking.
- Finally for those of you who hate soccer *cough Jim cough* read this article by Bill Simmons, it will make you change you're mind.