clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

The Noon Number: 7

New, comments
Getty Images

This is a new feature that will be running on Blueshirt Banter on a semi-regular basis. I'll give credit to Broad Street Hockey and Japers Rink, where I stole the idea from.

Basically, this will be a quick post highlighting a number that's relevant to the New York Rangers or a team they are playing. Today, the number is seven, signifying the number of points the Derek Stepan-Artem-Anisimov-Marian Gaborik line combined for in the Rangers' 3-2 victory over the Ottawa Senators Wednesday night.

Gaborik (two goals), Anisimov (two assists) and Stepan (goal and two assists) were the only players to do anything in the offensive zone. If the Noon Number weren't seven, it could be zero, for combined points by anyone not named Gaborik, Anisimov or Stepan.

It's a good thing that the GAS line is finding its stride, and acting as a lethal presence on the ice, but I want to see more production from the Brandon Dubinky-Ryan Callahan-Brad Richards line as well.

Thoughts guys?