clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Bantering Points: The New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, And The Winter Classic

The second to last episode of 24/7 Road to the Winter Classic aired on HBO last night, and it captured the intensity of the final matchup between the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers before the 2012 Winter Classic.

The Rangers lost to the Washington Capitals last night, but before the loss both Puck Daddy and I looked at why the Rangers are having such a great season.

Broad Street Hockey, the SB Nation Philadelphia Flyers blog, looked in great depth at Ilya Bryzgalov's struggles, and also quickly touched upon Henrik Lundqvist's play as well.

The Empire State Building was lit up in New York Rangers colors for the Winter Classic. That's the good news. The bad news? It was also lit up in Philadelphia Flyers colors. I get the hype and how the promotion is about the event as much as the teams, but I hate to see anything Flyer related in New York.

Here are some discussion topics for the day.

Greatest Ranger of all-time?

Season that jumps out at you as one that the Rangers should have gone further in?

Would you welcome Jaomir Jagr back next year if he is a free agent and the Rangers are interested?

How much would you pay, and how many years would you give to keep Biron after the season?