clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Bantering Points: Michael Sauer, Anton Stralman, And More

New, comments
I will miss having a defenseman that can fly and has killer vision tonight.
I will miss having a defenseman that can fly and has killer vision tonight.

Andrew Gross brings us the latest news about the New York Rangers:

Michael Sauer will likely be out with a concussion suffered on the hit by Dion Phenauf. In return, Anton Stralman will play.

The only difference today was that Erik Christensen, a healthy scratch the past six games, skated as an extra on the third (possibly fourth) line of Sean Avery-Brandon Dubinsky-Brandon Prust. It’s conceivable that coach John Tortorella may want to insert Christensen back into the lineup at the expense of one of those three. The other healthy scratch for the past six games has been defenseman Anton Stralman, but he’ll be in the lineup for Sauer:

I don't personally feel that Christensen deserves a spot on the roster, better yet in the line-up.

John Tortorella had no thoughts on realignment, but had a strong opinion on his thoughts about Derek Boogaard and him.

"That's between Derek, myself and family. That's personal stuff. I feel strongly about that."

I certainly hope that's respected.