clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Breaking New York Rangers News: Rangers Sign Artem Anisimov UPDATE

According to tweets from Andrew Gross the New York Rangers have signed RFA center Artem Anisimov.

I had earlier speculated that Anisimov was one of the "low hanging fruits" that other teams might want to pick, since he wasn't arbitration eligible.

According to Gross it's a two year deal, terms are not yet released. Stay tuned for updates when they come.

UPDATE By Joe Fortunato: According to Gross the contract is for $1.875 a season.

@AGrossRecord: Anisimov's contact for $1.875 per season. Two-year deal.

Two really, really fantastic contracts by Glen Sather. Now we can focus on the other three, but this one was important, since Anisimov was open to offer sheets.