2012 NHL Rumors: Day Four Open Thread

Well, it’s July 4th, and there’s still a whole lot of nothing from this year’s two biggest prizes — Zach Parise and Ryan Suter.

The New York Rangers aren’t in on either of the two coveted free agents, but because the duo has yet to sign it’s holding up things for the rest of the UFA’s who want to look more attractive with Parise and Suter off the board. As it stands right now, the Rangers have made some great depth moves — something we’re going to look into with more detail tomorrow — but as of right now even a trade might be hinging on when Parise and Suter decide to sign.

Make sure to keep it here between your BBQ and other celebrations, and, as always, make sure to enjoy this fantastic holiday. We’ll keep you in the loop as the day goes on.

Go ahead guys, the floor is yours.

Talking Points