2012 NHL Trade Deadline: Islanders Taking Offers For P.A. Parenteau?

Editor's Note: From now until 4:00 p.m. (when the last of the trades should be announced; remember that deals completed by the 3:00 p.m deadline don't get announced right away) we'll be running an open thread an hour. Not only will this keep load times down, but it will also create fresh conversation. Each thread will be updated with the various trades and rumors that have happened. Enjoy.

Here are some notes to build on from earlier:

- As it stood last week, the Islanders were working hard to re-sign pending UFA, P.A Parenteau. However, as it was just recently reported, the Islanders are taking offers for the forward. It may be a tactic in order to get Parenteau to re-sign, but the current asking price is currently a first round pick and a player, seems pretty steep to me.

- The Panthers were also considering taking offers for defensemen, Jason Garrison. Knowing that he has a ridiculous shot from the point, do you think the Rangers should consider making a move to help their power play?