2012 NHL Trade Deadline: New York Rangers Acquire John Scott

Editor's Note: From now until 4:00 p.m. (when the last of the trades should be announced; remember that deals completed by the 3:00 p.m deadline don't get announced right away) we'll be running an open thread an hour. Not only will this keep load times down, but it will also create fresh conversation. Each thread will be updated with the various trades and rumors that have happened. Enjoy.

The New York Rangers announced that they have acquired defensemen, John Scott, from the Chicago Blackhawks, in exchange for a 2012 5th-round pick. Scott can also play up on the wing, just as Stu Bickel has done the last couple of games.

John Scott comes in at 6'8" in height, and packs quite the punch for a heavyweight. It is still unknown what the Rangers are going to do with him as of yet. We shall find out shortly.

DATE PLAYER/COMPENSATION TEAM STORY TEAM PLAYER/COMPENSATION
FEB 27 Andrei Kostitsyn, F
2013 2nd-round pick
Cond. 2013 5th-round pick
FEB 27 Mike Commodore, D