clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Inside the Division: 11/5 Downie Out and Malhotra a Cane

New, comments

The Flyers swapped Max Talbot for Steve Downie and saw him get a concussion in his first game back as a Flyer... I'd hate to be a Flyers fan.

Everyone hate everyone.
Everyone hate everyone.
Bruce Bennett

Well, things are starting to look up a little bit for the Rangers since the last time we did one of these. Hagelin is back, Callahan is back, Lundqvist is healthy, and the Rangers are just two games away from being a .500 team. Obviously, things could be better. The Rangers are healthier but Rick Nash is still out of the lineup and the lack of news about Nash's condition is downright alarming at this point and the Rangers next opponent just so happens to be the Pittsburgh Penguins.

There were a lot of developments in the division this past week including a major trade, Manny Malhotra making his comeback with the Canes, and the Rangers getting their Captain, Ryan Callahan, back. Let's take a quick look at the Metropolitan Division standings and then jump into your links for the week.

TEAM

GP

OTL

PTS

Penguins

15

11

4

0

22

Islanders

14

6

5

3

15

Capitals

14

7

7

0

14

Rangers

14

6

8

0

12

Carolina

14

4

7

3

11

Blue Jackets

13

5

8

0

10

Devils

14

3

7

4

10

Flyers

13

4

9

0

8

Well there are your links for the week guys and gals. What do you think of that Philly/Washington line brawl and the fallout from it? Should Emery have been suspended? Will the Flyers ever catch a break this season? How concerned are you about the month of November and the Rangers needing to get over the .500 mark? When do we hit the "we're ****ed" button regarding Rick Nash? Let me know what you think, what you're excited about, and what concerns you in the comments section. I hope you all had a great Halloween! Go put a smile on someone's face and stay warm.

Have any other hockey-related or non-hockey-related topics you want to discuss? This is the place to do it!

Let's go Rangers.