clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Rangers streaking; Successful line combos

Today's merry New York Rangers notes.

Eric Bolte-US PRESSWIRE

Good morning, Banter community, and a Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. As for me, I'll be heading to the movie theater later to fulfill my obligations as a practicing Jew. We're in the midst of the NHL Christmas break, so there's not a whole lot going on. While I hope many of you are spending time with family and loved ones, I also know some of the diehards will look for a little Rangers reprieve, so here are your morning notes.

While Alain Vigneault has juggled line combinations all season, it seems like the Rangers head coach is beginning to finally find some chemistry. [Daily News]

One of the Rangers smallest players, Mats Zuccarello, is fitting into a bigger role for the Rangers. [NY Post]

Heading into the Christmas break on a two-game winning streak, is Cam Talbot in line to get a third straight start Friday against the Capitals? [Blueshirts Blog]

After dealing with the same situation in Vancouver, Vigneault is on the verge of another goalie controversy, writes Larry Brooks. [NY Post]

The Rangers need to overhaul their roster to accommodate Vigneault's style, write Andrew Gross. [The Record]

*MUST WATCH* Call it a Christmas miracle come early, call it a fluke, but please, just call it by its proper name: the BUTTGOAL. [SB Nation]