Rangers in Action Today: Carl Hagelin, Henrik Lundqvist, Ryan McDonagh, Ryan Callahan, and Rick Nash.

Mike's Player to Watch: Ryan McDonagh

Ryan McDonagh

#27 / Defenseman / New York Rangers

6-1

213

Jun 13, 1989

McDiesel has had a very strong tournament and was excellent against Russia, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic but trying to shut down the firepower of the Canadians will be a different beast altogether. The amount of depth and talent in the Canadian lineup is downright crazy and it will be up to McDonagh, Jonathan Quick, and the rest of the American blue line to try and contain the Canadian offense. Watching McDonagh in the Olympics against the world's greatest collection of players makes me appreciate what we have in him all the more. I couldn't be more excited about where his game is now and where it could be a few seasons from now. This will obviously be one of the most important games, if not the most important, of his young career. Let's hope he steps up and plays the way we all know he can play. Go get 'em McD.

Let's go USA!