I can genuinely say that Thursday night's Rangers game was one of the most entertaining regular season tilts I've seen in quite some time. If you haven't bought into the NHL's new playoff system, just re-watch last night's game. There's a lot of parity in the Eastern Conference, and with team's fighting for positioning, the Rangers and Red Wings each put in a full 60 minute effort. Here are your morning notes.
There were plenty of players who had strong games for the Rangers against Detroit, but none more than Henrik Lundqvist, who shut the door on Detroit with a 38-save shutout. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [Daily News] [The Record] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]
In trying to improve his game, Rick Nash is working his way toward the crease. [Rangers Rants]
While his level of play certainly has been higher, the Rangers aren't getting enough scoring out of Derek Stepan. [NY Post]
With Daniel Carcillo providing a physical edge, the Rangers' fourth line is playing its best defense by providing some offense. [Blueshirts Blog]
It took him longer than he would have liked, but after struggling through the early part of the season, Benoit Pouliot finally has found his confidence and his game. [Newsday]
From the top three goals of the week, it's no surprise a Ranger found himself in the highlight. [ESPN]
- Rangers Vs. Red Wings Recap: Henrik Lundqvist Shuts The Door On Detroit
- Mortgaging the future; Vigneault peeved by defensive lapse; Rangers visit Yankee Stadium
- Stadium Series: Blueshirt Banter Is Giving Away Two Tickets To Rangers Vs. Islanders!
- Rangers Vs. Lightning: Nine Seconds Of Horror
- Rangers fall to Lightning; Talbot expected back in net; Nash's return to form; Carcillo's impact