Good morning, folks. The Rangers will be back on the ice Tuesday night as they host the Islanders. It's the third meeting of the season between the two teams, with the New York rivals splitting the first two games, with each stealing a victory in the others home arena. An interesting tidbit about the Rangers' schedule: Beginning with Sunday night's game against Washington, the Rangers will play eight straight games in New York. Even though two are listed as "away" games, they're both at Yankee Stadium. Essentially, the Rangers are in the middle of another incredibly long home stretch, and have a chance to really carve out a playoff spot. Not much to report from Monday, but here are your morning notes.
With Sochi in his sights, Rick Nash is building momentum as the Olympic tournament is only weeks away. [ESPN NY]
- Video Breakdown: Rick Nash finds a hole in the Flyers defense
- Rangers Vs. Capitals: That Was A Big Win
- Rangers sweep weekend games; An improved power play; Talbot's mean streak; Pouliot's grit
- Rangers Vs. Capitals Recap: Nash Scores Twice, Rangers Top Capitals 4-1
- Rangers Vs. Capitals Preview: Rangers Look For The Weekend Sweep