The NHL Trade Deadline is March 5. With roster freezes going into effect Feb. 7 through the 23 during the Olympic break, there are only 17 days left to trade players.
With that being said, it's officially rumor season.
Today's gossip once again involves the Rangers, and once again involves the captain Ryan Callahan. Again, this is a rumor—something that will happen a lot over the next month. But as reported by Darren Dreger of TSN, the Rangers are looking at Chris Stewart of the St. Louis Blues.
Western Conf teams suggest the Rangers are gathering intel on Chris Stewart. Callahan for Stewart would be a sweet deal for the Blues.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) January 31, 2014
Judging that info by itself, it's tough to imagine the Rangers dealing Callahan straight-up for Stewart. IF anything did go down in the form of the trade, it's worth noting that Stewart signed a two-year contract before this season worth $8.3 million. He's due to make $4.3 million next year.
Of course, it's too premature to really say too much else, except, expect to continue to see the Rangers and Callahan in the rumor mill.
- NHL Trade Rumors: Separating Love And Logic In Hockey
- Another matchup with the Islanders; Derek Dorsett progressing; Anthon Duclair still scorching
- Rangers Vs. Islanders: Who Doesn't Love The Great Outdoors?
- Rangers sweep Stadium Series; Ryan Callahan trade rumors
- Video Breakdown: Rangers Shoot on Odd Man Rush, Find it Works