clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Flyers drop Rangers; Duclair scores (again) ((duh)); Glass and the enforcer's role

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Elsa

#IsItOctoberYet? Yes! Here are your morning notes.

The Rangers drew the Flyers for the second times in as many nights in the preseason, but with the Flyers inserting actual NHL players in the lineup this go around, they managed to down the Rangers 4-2. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [Ranger Rants] [Newsday]

But more importantly Anthony Duclair scored again. Yupp, he just keeps putting the puck in the back of the net. And we keep making GIFs. [Blueshirt Banter]

And whether or not the Rangers decide to keep Duclair around for the regular season remains to be decided. But what now is abundantly clear is, Duclair is ready for the NHL. [Blueshirt Banter]

And it's not just Duclair who's catching the eyes of the Rangers brass, as a number of young players are turning heads in preseason with their play. [NY Post] [Newsday]

Cam Talbot was back in goal Tuesday night for the Rangers, who is entering this season knowing he'll be the backup, but is taking the same approach as always. [Ranger Rants]

Tanner Glass didn't fight Jordin Tootoo in the Rangers preseason opener. Glass wasn't surprised, and understands the concept of the enforcer is quickly changing in the NHL. [NY Post] Just wanted to interject a bit of my own opinion in here. If Glass really, truly understands this concept, he'll have no qualms about sitting in the press box every night. Related, but I have no qualms with Glass going out and getting himself paid. Don't be mad at Tanner Glass, be mad at whoever gave him the deal.

In the first of our series of season previews, we take a look at the Rangers forwards, who have room to grow this upcoming year. [Blueshirt Banter]

Marc Staal didn't want to enter the regular season with an unresolved contract situation, yet that's the exact path he's heading down. [NY Post]

And wrapping up Monday night's preseason game (the first one against Philadelphia), a look at how some Rangers fared in that matchup. [Blueshirt Banter]