clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Options without Boyle; Duclair's journey; Rangers facing problems

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports

Tuesday is another day, on in this particular one, the Rangers will host the 2-0 Islanders as the team tries to rebound from a shaky home-opener. There's no asterisks next to those Islander wins, albeit they came against the Hurricanes, but Tuesday should prove a stiffer test for the Islanders, while neither team needs much motivation when they meet on the schedule. And now, your morning notes.

What exactly are the Rangers options for the next 4-6 weeks without the services of defenseman and power play quarterback Dan Boyle? We broke them down for you. [Blueshirt Banter]

Anthony Duclair is incredibly talented, and the 19-year-old has shown that as his rookie year has begun. Yet, there was a time when there were those who questioned the Montreal native, and Duclair slid into the third round of the 2013 Draft. Bob McKenzie took a look at Duclair's journey. [TSN]

We're only three games into the season, but the Rangers aren't without their issues, writes Larry Brooks. [NY Post]