clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Rangers snap skid against Canes; Nash still hot; Vigneault calls on defensemen

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports

Can't even tell you all how close we got to not having morning notes for two straight days. But alas, my memory prevailed, and I've got fresh links for you all. So now, on the morning after a win, your morning notes.

They're not all going to be masterpieces, but first and foremost, the Rangers snapped a three-game losing streak on Thursday night with a shootout win over the Hurricanes. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [The Record] [Daily News] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

That Rick Nash guy? He's still on fire. [ESPN NY]

Video proof of Nash's body being engulfed in flames? This shootout winner past Anton Khudobin. [Blueshirt Banter]

Before Thursday's game, Alain Vigneault called on his veteran defensemen to be better. [NY Post] [The Record] [Newsday]

With the Rangers chasing a lead against Carolina, and then chasing two points in a late, tied game, Anthony Duclair was lost in the shuffle. [NY Post]

And when the Rangers did find that equalizer, it was when Vigneault decided to reunite Derick Brassard and Mats Zuccarello. [Newsday]

In an obviously scripted move, before the Carolina game, we explored Vigneault splitting up Brassard and Zuccarello, and how it's effected the Rangers lineup. [Blueshirt Banter]

While they still haven't connected for a goal, Ryan Malone has given the Rangers a needed net-front presence on the power play. [Newsday]

In the midst of a slump, and with some key players out with injuries, the Rangers next goal is simply to get to 5-5, and then get back Derek Stepan. [Blueshirt Banter]