clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Blue line faces more injuries; Searching for forward depth; Nash looking past postseason

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Alex Goodlett

The Rangers are playing better hockey over these past couple of games—that much we know. What we also know is, as the Rangers get set to face the Devils Tuesday night in the first meeting between the two tristate rivals this season, it's a New Jersey team that looks better on paper than some seasons past. In short Tuesday night should be a fun game. Now here are your morning notes.

Breathe everyone, breathe. With Dan Girardi possibly unable to go Tuesday night after suffering a laceration on his leg from a blocked shot on Sunday, the Rangers may turn to Michael Kostka. [NY Post] [Ranger Rants] [Daily News] [Newsday]

One of the biggest keys to the Rangers deep postseason run a year ago was its scoring depth, and the production its bottom six provided. Now, with many of those players gone, the objective is replacing that depth, and getting back to playing hockey in June. [Bleacher Report]

After going goalless in the Stanley Cup round, Rick Nash is trying to make those memories a thing of the past by scoring lots of goals. [NY Post]