clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Four more waived; Duclair to hang around; Projecting the Rangers lineup

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Bruce Bennett

Today is an important day. At some point on Monday, the Rangers are expected to make their final round of roster cuts, which will bring their opening night lineup into focus. On Sunday though, the group that will begin the regular season in New York was made a bit clearer, which we'll get to. Also of note: there's a regular season game this Thursday. And now, you're morning notes.

The Rangers waived four more players on Sunday, including Matthew Lombardi. [Blueshirt Banter] [Blueshirts Blog] [Newsday]

With Mike Kostka and Steven Kampfer on waivers, Matt Hunwick has won the job as seventh defenseman. [Ranger Rants]

Another thing we learned on Sunday: 19-year-old Anthony Duclair will be among the group staying in New York when the regular season begins. [Blueshirt Banter]

If Tanner Glass can effectively kill penalties, be a mainstay in the lineup, and drop the gloves, he could become a fan favorite. [Blueshirts Blog]

Add while we'll be getting the final piece of Rangers roster info on Monday, we took one final s tab at projecting what the lineup will look like. [Blueshirt Banter]