clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Buchnevich impressing; What motivates Lundqvist; Hagelin expecting to shoot more

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Anthony Gruppuso-USA TODAY Sports

Something is happening tonight. Something that hasn't happened in what feels like forever. Tonight, the Rangers will be playing in an actual, meaningful hockey game, more colloquially known as their season opener. At 8 p.m., the Rangers will being their 2014-15 campaign against the St. Louis Blues. It's a stiff test to open the year for the Blueshirts, and with a a bunch of kids in the lineup, it will be interesting how the group collectively responds. And now, your morning notes.

Before we get completely wrapped up in the NHL and what's going on in the states, we took a look at Pavel Buchnevich, the 19-year-old prospect who's been tearing up the KHL. [Blueshirt Banter]

Henrik Lundqvist isn't motivated by fame or fortune. [NY Post]

Playing with willing passers, and coming off a breakout season, the objective may be very simple when it comes to Carl Hagelin's game: shoot the puck. [Newsday]

The Rangers came within a few victories of a Stanley Cup a season ago, and with largely the same group back, the team's core values will remain the same. [NY Post] [Newsday]

As the new Rangers captain, Ryan McDonagh will lead by example. [The Record]

A final crack at a season preview, breaking down every position. [Ranger Rants]