clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

NHL trade rumors: Martin St. Louis only willing to go to Rangers, says TSN

New, comments

If Bob Mackenzie is correct, the situation regarding Martin St. Louis and the New York Rangers just became a lot more interesting.

Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE

While the rumors surrounding Ryan Callahan, Martin St. Louis, and a potential trade have certainly heated up, there hasn't been anything so definitive to really inspire any true assurance a deal will get done.

And while there's no knowing whether or not Tampa Bay will trade St. Louis, we now know that he's both requested a trade, and, according to TSN's Bob Mackenzie, will only accept a deal that lands him with the Rangers.

"My clear understanding is, he asked for a trade, it sounds as if that trade request still is very much in affect, and he asked for a trade to only one team: the New York Rangers."

What's also important to keep in mind here is that St. Louis possesses a no-movement clause, so he'll have to approve whatever team the Lightning can work out a trade with. But if St. Louis himself only has eyes on one team, it makes it a little more difficult for Tampa Bay to negotiate.

We'll continue to update the situation as more details become available.