While the rumors surrounding Ryan Callahan, Martin St. Louis, and a potential trade have certainly heated up, there hasn't been anything so definitive to really inspire any true assurance a deal will get done.
And while there's no knowing whether or not Tampa Bay will trade St. Louis, we now know that he's both requested a trade, and, according to TSN's Bob Mackenzie, will only accept a deal that lands him with the Rangers.
"My clear understanding is, he asked for a trade, it sounds as if that trade request still is very much in affect, and he asked for a trade to only one team: the New York Rangers."
What's also important to keep in mind here is that St. Louis possesses a no-movement clause, so he'll have to approve whatever team the Lightning can work out a trade with. But if St. Louis himself only has eyes on one team, it makes it a little more difficult for Tampa Bay to negotiate.
We'll continue to update the situation as more details become available.
- About That St. Louis Rumor...
- J.T. Miller recalled; Cam Talbot to start Thursday; Ryan Callahan trade rumors
- New York Rangers news: J.T. Miller recalled from Hartford
- New York Rangers News: Cam Talbot To Start Vs. Chicago; Staal Questionable; Dorsett Ready?
- Ryan Callahan Trade Rumors: Get Ready For More