The New York Rangers announced today that they've come to terms with defensive prospect Ryan Graves. Graves was drafted in the 4th round of the 2013 NHL Entry draft, and has split time with the Charlottetown Islanders and the Val-d'Or Foreurs this year.
Through 65 QMJHL games the defenseman has scored five goals and added 17 assists for 22 points. In 26 games with Val-d'Or he has two goals and eight assists. The defenseman has taken a big leap this year in terms of overall play, and was traded for by Val-d'Or as they look for a championship this year.
Graves marks the second prospect drafted in 2013 to be signed by the New York Rangers. Earlier this year the team agreed to terms with Anthony Duclair, who has 50 goals and 99 points in 59 QMJHL games so far this year. Duclair has missed the past few weeks with a concussion.
- Time Running Out On The Rangers
- Rangers split weekend games; St. Louis trying to fit in; Lundqvist not concerned with milestones
- Rangers Vs. Sharks Recap: Niemi, Sharks Shutout Rangers 1-0
- Rangers Vs. Sharks Preview: Rangers Seek Redemption on San Jose
- Rangers Vs. Jets: That Was Ugly, But Two Points Are Two Points