clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Free agency begins; Prospect camp; Stralman, Boyle likely gone

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Bruce Bennett

Happy July, folks, and happy first day of free agency. It's sure to be a busy 24 hours, so stay with Blueshirt Banter all day as we update whatever transactions and activity goes down. Before all the craziness begins though, here are your morning notes.

What we know before contracts are signed and players begin to change teams is it's expected that Anton Stralman and Brian Boyle will be on the move, while talks with Dominic Moore on a new deal have begun. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [Daily News]

With a Monday deadline to do so, check out with Rangers received qualifying offers, and which did not. [Blueshirt Banter]

And no matter what happens, the task will be difficult for Glen Sather when trying to re-tool and tinker with a cap-strapped roster. [Newsday]

With the 2014 NHL Draft a thing of the past, a rundown of the Rangers draft day strategy, and the new crop of seven prospects. [Blueshirt Banter]

Monday also marked the open to the Rangers annual prospect camp. [Ranger Rants]

How about that Mats Zucarelo? Report card time! [Blueshirt Banter]