clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

2014 NHL Free Agency: Rangers Re-Sign Dominic Moore; Add Tanner Glass

New, comments

The New York Rangers made one of their better signings of the day by inking Dominic Moore to a two-year contract extension. Then there was Tanner Glass....

Bruce Bennett

According to Bob McKenzie of TSN, the New York Rangers have re-signed Dominic Moore to a two-year contract extension worth $1.5 million per season. Moore was a solid addition to the fourth line last year, which was considered one of the best in the league. He is a strong puck possession guy, but also has the ability to chip in offensively at the same time.

With the rest of the Rangers unrestricted free agents walking to the market, Dominic Moore was obviously a priority, and I'm sure a ton of people are glad Sather got this one done. Another bright spot is that Moore reportedly took less money to remain with the Rangers, rather than going elsewhere. How can anyone not love players who value team success over cashing in?

If you haven't noticed by now, I've been trying to hold off on the announcement of the Rangers also signing Tanner Glass to a three-year deal. I don't get this signing one bit, especially for THREE years? The Rangers were better off keeping Derek Dorsett for the extra $200,000 instead turning to Glass. Yuck.

But hey, at least we have Dominic Moore back.