clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

The kids are coming; Carcillo's report card; A promotion for Tom Renney

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Jason O. Watson-US PRESSWIRE

The day after the MLB All-Star Game is the single slowest sports day of the year. So excuse our brevity, and try to keep yourself sane as we await arbitration hearings, training camp, and eventually, some hockey. here are your morning notes.

The Rangers may have a slight move or two left in them, but make no mistake: Whether you like it or not, the kids are coming. [Blueshirt Banter]

Daniel Carcillo was brought in when Derek Dorsett went down with an injury. But Carcillo exceeded some very meager (putting it mildly) expectations, and then some. So here's your reprort card, Mr. Carcillo. [Blueshirt Banter]

Tom Renney, formerly the head coach of the Rangers, and currently an assistant with the Red Wings, will be named CEO and president of Hockey Canada. [Blueshirts Blog]