clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Rangers add (Dan) Boyle; Lose (Brian) Boyle; Other free agency moves

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Perry Nelson-USA TODAY Sports

So that was interesting. Day 1 of free agency is behind us, but it didn't come without a flurry of moves, not just in New York, but league-wide. To give you an idea of how hectic it was, over half a billion dollars were paid out in new contracts on Tuesday. And before we get into the morning notes, we now know that Anton Stralman, Brian Boyle, Benoit Pouliot, and Stu Bickel are all heading to new teams. And now, you're morning notes.

The Rangers signed a whole bunch of players on Tuesday, so here's a general roundup with info on each deal:

He's gone now, but before he left, we took a look at (Brian) Boyle's 2013-14 season. [Blueshirt Banter]

We knew Brad Richards was gone after the Rangers amnestied him. So here are Richards' top five moments as a Ranger. [Blueshirt Banter]