clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Marc Staal's future; Duclair excelling at Canada camp; Lundqvist dresses very well

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports

Happy Thursday, Banter community. Apologies for the inconsistency that morning notes have been published the past week or so; we're really entering that final, hockey-less stage of summer that's quite slow. Fortunately, with junior camps, there's some puck to watch, and soon enough, we'll be gearing up for Traverse City, training camp, pre season, and (gulp) ... meaningful hockey. Without further ado, here are your morning notes.

Until some resolution is found for Marc Staal—be it a contract extension, a trade, or free agency (the most painful, longest option of the bunch)—we're going to be hearing a good amount about the 27-year-old defenseman. A few more pieces on the latest on Staal. [Blueshirt Banter] [The Record]

Henrik Lundqvist is good at his job, which is being a goalie. But Lundqvist is good at other things, like dressing well. Is that conjecture? We now have proof! [Daily News]

If you don't already, get to know Anthony Duclair, folks. The 18-year-old forward prospect has been spending the past few years tearing up the QMJHL, making the Rangers brass salivate at his scoring ability. Nowadays, Duclair is at Canada's national junior team evaluation camp, and Tuesday night against the Czech Republic, Duclair showed some of that flash that has everyone so excited. [Blueshirt Banter]

If you missed it, the Rangers have filled their vacant assistant coach position with Darryl Williams, formerly of Vancouver, and very familiar with Alain Vigneault. [Blueshirt Banter] [ESPN NY] [Blueshirts Blog] [Ranger Rants] [Newsday]

There's not much more left for Glen Sather to do this offseason (besides John Moore). [Blueshirt Banter]