clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Two arrested in Boogaard case; Stepan exits skate after taking shot to foot; Vegas' playoff odds

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Bruce Bennett

Did you know the Traverse City tournament starts this Friday. That means hockey! That means what now? Yes! I said it! That means hockey! And loud noises! Here are your morning notes.

It's been three years sine the death of Derek Boogaard, but on Tuesday, two men were arrested in New York in connection with the late-Rangers passing. This story surely isn't going anywhere, and will continue to reveal more and more information about what actually led to Boogaard's passing, but here's what we know so far. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News]

Derek Stepan exited the Rangers informal skate on Tuesday after taking a shot to the foot, but it sounds like he avoided anything serious. [Newsday]

It's a sentiment we've certainly stood by in these parts: The Rangers should be giving whatever opportunities are available to youth, not Ryan Malone. [The Record]

NHL.com ranked the top 60 prospects in hockey. Only one Ranger made the list, while three others received votes. Guess who cracked the top 60? [NHL]

Will the Rangers make the playoffs this upcoming season? According to Vegas, they'll be back in the postseason. [SB Nation]

Missed this in links yesterday, but Stephane Quintal was named the NHL's VP of player safety. The Shana-ban is no more, while we're still accepting new disciplinary puns. [SB Nation]