clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Training camp roster announced; More on Staal's negotiations; Tracking chips in jerseys?

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

Today is a pretty big benchmark on the ole' "Is Hockey Back?" calendar, as the Rangers open training camp on Thursday, with on-ice work beginning on Friday, bringing us one step closer to real, meaningful puck. There have been some rumors Alain Vigneault will announce a new captain during his media availability on Thursday, although nothing has been confirmed, and surely time will tell. But as we wait for that, and other things, here are your morning notes.

Want to know all 63 players who will be attending training camp? Here ya go. [Blueshirt Banter] [Ranger Rants] [Blueshirts Blog] [Newsday]

The Marc Staal negotiations? Everyone is going to be unhappy at one point or another, but here's some more context, and hopefully, some logic. [Blueshirt Banter]

We've officially entered the data age of hockey. The importance and usage of advanced stats is more apparent by the day. The incorporation of this information is helping to craft strategies, game plans, and rosters. And on Tuesday, and interesting note on how the Rangers might be using micro chips to track player movements and speed. [TSN]