clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Scrimmage highlights and recap; Leave Rick Nash alone; Pavel Buchnevich scores two more goals

New, comments

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Bruce Bennett

Hockey has been gone for quite some time, but by the way of training camp, and Sunday's scrimmage, we're getting closer and closer to its magnificent return. We'll take another step in that direction when the Rangers take on the Devils in their first preseason contest on Monday night. Before then, we have many links to get to. Here are your morning notes.

On Sunday, the Rangers held an intrasquad scrimmage. Here's what you missed, in case you weren't tuned into the stream:

Also in action over the weekend was Rangers super-prospect Pavel Buchnevich, who apparently only knows how to score goals, and make our hearts flutter. [Blueshirt Banter]

For whatever reason, Rick Nash is never good enough for some. But make no mistake: There's nothing wrong with Nash, so let's stop pretending there is. [Blueshirt Banter]

And with Alain Vigneault still figuring things out, Nash will see time on both wings before the season begins. [Newsday]

As training camp's on-ice portion officially began on Friday, a great moment was born. [Blueshirt Banter]

And with camp officially underway, 50 thoughts on what's ahead. [Blueshirt Banter]

In his second year, and first full season on Broadway, Martin St. Louis sees the Rangers as a team hungry to win a Cup. [NY Post] [Daily News] [Ranger Rants]

Marc Staal is without a contract, and with a new defensive partner. Plenty to think about for 18. [NY Post] [The Record] [Newsday]

That new partner is Dan Boyle, who despite being 38 years old is hoping to live up to the billing coming to the Rangers. See ya on the power play. [Newsday]

It wasn't the most active offseason for the Rangers, but Kevin Hayes could help in a big way. [NY Post]

He may not begin the season in the NHL, but as the Rangers resumed practice, Alain Vigneault was impressed with the play of Conor Allen. [NY Post] [Ranger Rants]

Addressing the media for the first time since inking a new deal, Mats Zuccarello said he's fine being on a one-year contract. [Ranger Rants] [Newsday]