clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

New York Rangers Preseason Game Thread: 9/26, Rangers at Blackhawks

New, comments

Here we go, game two of the Rangers' preseason.

Jonathan Daniel

Tonight the Rangers' "Squad B" is taking on Brad Richards' new team, the Chicago Blackhawks. I don't think any of us were expecting the combination of Henrik Lundqvist and Cam Talbot to allow 5 goals to the Devils, but that is what preseason is for. Well, that and devastating injuries that absolutely bone the Rangers for a 1/10th of the season. I am sure the defensive breakdowns and bad puck luck won't be an issue that we see tonight, because I doubt that the coaching staff hasn't stressed better decisions with the puck and more sound positioning. Anyway, let's check out the rest of the schedule and then take a look at my player to watch tonight!

Full 2014 Preseason Schedule

Monday, September 22—vs. New Jersey 7:00 p.m. (Losers)
Friday, September 26—at Chicago 8:30 p.m.
Monday. September 29—vs. Philadelphia 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 30—at Philadelphia 7:00 p.m.
Friday, October 3—vs. Chicago 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 4—at New Jersey 7:00 p.m.

TONIGHT'S LINEUP

Mike's Player to Watch: Mats Zuccarello

Because he is the first Ranger since Michael Nylander that I feel like I could watch play for hours and hours. Zuke had a huge season for the Rangers in 2013-14 and the Rangers are going to need more of the same from him this season. Zuke is a big part of this team and a big part of the power play. In a lot of ways I hope that he doesn't lead the team in scoring again because if that is true, that means that something has gone horribly wrong with one of the bigger names (or a few of them).

With that being said, preseason games are all about keeping an eye on everyone that is playing, especially the veterans looking to get a roster spot and the kids looking to make a name for themselves. Tonight's game will have plenty of interesting kids in the lineup, including Anthony Duclair, that are very much worth our attention. I can't wait to watch what the other half of the Rangers' roster looks like against the Blackhawks squad.

Let's go Rangers!